Saturday, October 17, 2009

Primitive Circus

Every shoot is unique. Not one shot exactly the same as the next. And for me, today's shoot was no exception. I typically do photoshoots of children and families, but today I had the amazing opportunity to do something different - I got to shoot a music group! Primitive Circus is a local band here in the Tri-Cities and they are pretty entertaining. When I heard that they were looking for a photographer, I jumped at the chance. The tricky part was finding the perfect venue for our shoot. After looking around, I came across an old abandoned General Mills next to several sets of train tracks. I thought "perfect"! The band was on board with the location and we scheduled a date.
It's been a while since I have broken out the camera and it felt really good to be behind it. It took a while for the creative juices to start flowing, but I feel the shoot went really well. I hope the band members of Primitive Circus are as pleased as I am with their shoot. I look forward to working with them again in the future.

No comments: